SUPERCONDUCTIVITY AND MAGNETISM I:
and hybrid structures at extreme scales and conditions
The workshop "Superconductors and hybrid structures
at extreme scales and conditions” is planned to be the first in a sequence of
workshops on related subjects. We intend to bring together a group of
scientists, mostly theorists, actively working in the area of nanoscale
superconductivity and magnetism to discuss and work together on the most urgent
topics in the field. A diverse group of experimentalists will fuel the discussions
and promote the development of new ideas.
We plan an informal setting where experts in the field
will present recent advances and discuss future directions and possible impact
on related fields. We expect to
strongly benefit from the Leiden University environment. We anticipate fruitful discussions and,
possibly, joint programs with the Leiden University experimentalists and
Quantum Transport Group from Delft TU.
list of topics:
1. Fluctuations in nanoscale superconductors and Josephson
2. Noise and dynamics in nanoscale superconductors.
3. Andreev states and coherent phenomena
4. Tunneling and vortex dynamics in small Josephson circuits and Josephson
5. Non-stationary effects in mesoscopic superconductors
6. Ferromagnet / superconductor heterostructures
7. Coulomb blockade