How to organize a workshop
The organization of a workshop starts by contacting the Lorentz Center. If you have an idea for a workshop, or already have a draft proposal, please contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your (draft) proposal through our workshop application form.
You are also welcome to contact us per telephone or come by to discuss your idea.
Upcoming evaluation 30 September
We invite you to submit your proposal by 30 September 2020, for workshops that will take place before the end of 2021. A good number of weeks is still available for new workshops in fall 2021, even though we had to reschedule some workshops due to the covid-19 pandemic.
If the covid19-situation requires, we will support you in organising your workshop in an alternative format.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have an idea for a workshop.
- Send us your idea or draft proposal at the earliest possible stage.
- We will contact you with feedback and suggestions on how to develop your idea and support you in finalizing your proposal.
- Submit your final proposal before the deadline.
- Our scientific advisory boards will evaluate your submitted proposal on scientific content, novelty, relevance and program format.
- Most often, you will receive feedback, suggestions and/or requests from the board(s) which you should respond to
- When your proposal is approved and your dates are confirmed, a workshop coordinator, who takes care of the practical organization, is assigned to your workshop
- Your workshop takes place within fifteen months of application
- Nine to six months before the workshop the practical organization is kick-started in an intake meeting
Ideas are always welcome. Workshop proposals can be submitted three times per year, before:
30 January, 30 May and 30 September
How to write a proposal
See our application instructions
How to apply
Please complete our workshop application form