How to organize a workshop
The organization of a workshop starts by contacting the Lorentz Center. If you have an idea for a workshop, or already have a draft proposal, please contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your (draft) proposal through our workshop application form.
You are also welcome to contact us per telephone or come by to discuss your idea.
Upcoming evaluation 30 May
We invite you to submit your proposal by 30 May 2021, for workshops that will take place in January-August 2022. Even though we had to reschedule a large number of workshops due to the covid-19 pandemic, we expect a reasonable number of weeks to be available for new workshops in this period. If the covid-19 situation requires, we will support you in organizing your workshop in an alternative format.
Online instead of postponing
In the course of the pandemic the Lorentz Center has become skilled in supporting virtual and blended workshops. Advised by the chairs of the scientific advisory boards, the Lorentz Center has decided to no longer postpone workshops, but to support organizers in organizing virtual (or blended) alternatives to the face-to-face meeting. If organizers decide not to go ahead with a virtual version of the workshop we encourage them to 'apply for a new date'.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have an idea for a workshop.
- Send us your idea or draft proposal at the earliest possible stage.
- We will contact you with feedback and suggestions on how to develop your idea and support you in finalizing your proposal.
- Submit your final proposal before the deadline.
- Our scientific advisory boards will evaluate your submitted proposal on scientific content, novelty, relevance and program format.
- Most often, you will receive feedback, suggestions and/or requests from the board(s) which you should respond to
- When your proposal is approved and your dates are confirmed, a workshop coordinator, who takes care of the practical organization, is assigned to your workshop
- Your workshop takes place within fifteen months of application
- Nine to six months before the workshop the practical organization is kick-started in an intake meeting
Ideas are always welcome. Workshop proposals can be submitted three times per year:
30 January, 30 May and 30 September
How to write a proposal
See our application instructions
How to apply
Please complete our workshop application form