How to organize a workshop
The organization of a workshop starts by contacting the Lorentz Center. If you have an idea for a workshop, or already have a draft proposal, please contact us by email@example.com or submit your (draft) proposal through our workshop application portal.
You are also welcome to contact us per telephone or come by to discuss your idea.
Workshop proposals can be submitted three times per year: 30 January, 30 May and 30 September. Workshops will be planned in the period 8-15 months after the deadline.
Upcoming evaluation 30 January
We invite you to submit your proposal by 30 January 2024, for workshops that will take place in September 2024 - April 2025.
- Send us your idea or draft proposal at the earliest possible stage.
- We will contact you with feedback and suggestions on how to develop your idea and support you in finalizing your proposal.
- Prepare your proposal using our application instructions and templates:
- Lorentz Center workshop application instructions
- Template participant list
- Template budget sheet
- Please check the available weeks here.
- Useful links: Tips for constructing an online/hybrid workshop | Lorentz Center venues and facilities | Financial support | Diversity
- When your proposal is approved and your dates are confirmed, a workshop coordinator, who takes care of the practical organization, is assigned to your workshop.
- Your workshop takes place within fifteen months of application.
- Nine to six months before the workshop the practical organization is kick-started in an intake meeting.
We also have some special calls and competitions. If you’re interested, you can have a look to see if one of these suits your idea.